Level 1 Assessment Questions:
Concise answers to the questions below, typed clearly, in point form, numbered to correspond to each question, and prefaced by a restatement of the question and upload to online application form.
- How long have you been practicing and studying Iyengar yoga? Include: where, when, main teacher(s), and important learning experiences.
- Have you studied at RIMYI? If so, provide dates of attendance and types of classes.
- Briefly describe your teacher training.
- Describe your asana practice: frequency, duration, and content.
- Describe your pranayama practice: frequency, duration, and content. IYAC/ACYI Assessment Procedures for Candidates January 27, 2019
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your practice?
- Provide details of your participation in IYAC/ACYI or any other yoga association in which you have been a member.
- Describe your Iyengar teaching history. List the number of classes and number of students per class, and levels that you have taught.
- Have you taught seminars or workshops at which you were teaching students other than your regular students? If so, give details.
- Do you have special knowledge, experience, or training that may augment your teaching?
- Have you trained or received any qualification as a yoga teacher in any other country? Give details.
- Candidates who are currently working with physical limitations that reflect on and affect their practice and teaching must include a full description of these limitations with this application. Working with one’s limitations is inherent in the practice of yoga and should not deter one from sitting the assessment. Are you working with physical limitations?