6-day Virtual Sadhana with ABHIJATA IYENGAR
“Awareness is bound to sprout if we allow the subjective phenomenon to radiate.” – Abhijata Iyengar, IYAC/ACYI online event in June 2020
The Iyengar Yoga Association of Canada/Association Canadienne de Yoga Iyengar (IYAC/ACYI) is excited to welcome Abhijata Iyengar for a 6-day virtual Sadhana, May 11-16, 2021.
This past year has left many of us living with uncertainty. The lineage of work shared with us by Yogacharya B.K.S. Iyengar, Geetaji, Prashantji and Abhijata Iyengar provide us the opportunity to draw strength from the roots of our practice. Practice gives us the opportunity to observe, reflect, surrender, adapt and experience joy from deep within. We invite you to join us as we engage in the teachings of Abhijata and gather as a community to honour and share in the tradition of Iyengar yoga passed along to us by our esteemed Guruji.
Abhijata Iyengar is one of the most experienced teachers at RIMYI in Pune and has been involved with the practice and philosophy of yoga since the age of 16. She was taught by her grandfather, Yogacharya BKS Iyengar, as well as her aunt, Geeta and uncle, Prashant.
Please join us for this incredible opportunity.
Tuesday, May 11th, 2021 through Sunday, May 16th, 2021
09:00-11:00 hrs EDT (Toronto/Montreal) Daily
Hours by Time Zone
06:00-08:00 PDT (Victoria/Vancouver)
07:00-09:00 MDT (Calgary/Edmonton)
07:00-09:00 CST (Regina/Saskatoon)
08:00-10:00 CDT (Winnipeg)
09:00-11:00 EDT (Toronto/Montreal)
10:00-12:00 ADT (Halifax/Moncton)
10:30-12:30 NDT (St. John’s)
All classes will be taught in a virtual format via Zoom.
Open to all Iyengar Yoga practitioners with a minimum of one-year experience. The names of asanas and the pranayama practice will be in Sanskrit terms.
All sessions will be recorded with a link to recordings sent to registered participants within 24 hours after each session. We appreciate your patience as we get these recordings sent to you. Recordings will be available to registrants until midnight EDT on May 31, 2021. Thank you for not sharing the recording links with non-registrants.
- Early bird Pricing for IYAC/ACYI members is $200 plus tax until April 20th, 2021.
- After April 20th, 2021 the cost is $240 plus tax.
- Bursary Coupons valued at $50 are available to all members of IYAC/ACYI who are in need of financial support to attend the conference. We recognize this has been a challenging year and have increased the number of available bursaries to members. Please practice Satya and Aparigraha in applying for a bursary coupon. Click here for application details. Application deadline for the bursary-Sunday, April 11th, 2021, midnight EDT (Toronto/Montreal). Please do not register until you have received confirmation that you have received the bursary coupon.
- Non-Members $240 plus tax (Click here to become a member).
- No refunds will be given.
Please note that all members must be signed in to
their IYAC/ACYI account to register.
Not a member? Join the Canadian Iyengar community today! Members are eligible for early bird pricing and other amazing perks. Learn more and become a member by clicking here.
Do you know a non-member who is an Iyengar Yoga practitioner? Please invite them to join us by forwarding this email or sharing the link to register for this incredible opportunity to join us for the Rooted in Practice 6-day virtual sadhana with ABHIJATA IYENGAR.
“Words cannot convey the value of yoga – it has to be experienced.”
~ BKS Iyengar